Year 11 Art & Design complete Unit 2 with 10 hour Exam
Students have now completed the Unit 2 in Art & Design with a 10 hour controlled assessment for their Final Response.
Each student had the opportunity to chose from the 7 questions available, with popular choices for starting points being 'Angles', 'Detail', 'Out of Place' & 'Architecture'.
During the preparatory period the year 11's have researched artists, developed ideas, experimented and refined ideas with a variety of media. They have also recorded their own ideas and observations with photographs and drawings.
Using a variety of materials and techniques, students produced a final piece during the 10 hour period which was split over two days. Stencil printing and press printing techniques were used. Some students used clay to make ceramic buildings and detailed portraits. Houses were built, sculptures were made with 'found' objects and portraits & landscapes appeared magnificently on canvas' after two intense days of unaided work.
More News Stories
- Year 11 Art & Design complete Unit 2 with 10 hour Exam
After weeks of preparation students complete their Final Response. (28/04/2017)
- Year10 Make Clay Hats for their project based on Alice's Adventure In Wonderland
10X & 10W Made Ceramic Hats inspired by the story of Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll (23/03/2017)
- Year 9 design & make Pop Art Inspired clay tile in the style of Jasper Johns
Students learn ceramic techniques for their Pop Art project (20/02/2017)
- Year 11 Art & Design and Photography students receive Externally set task
Students studying Art & Design and Photography have been handed their Unit 2 Externally set task. (19/01/2017)
- Year 8 Art students work with Nottingham Contemporary Gallery
Two Year 8 classes participate in a Schools project in partnership with NCG (01/12/2016)
- Year 11 Art Students visit Central Saint Martins - London
Year 11 students, Aneeka, Betty, Ramirez & Shehzaib were recently selected to attend an Art course (25/11/2016)