Year 11 Art Students visit Central Saint Martins - London
Year 11 Art Students visit Central Saint Martins - (University of the Arts) London
Four year 11 students, (Aneeka, Betty, Ramirez & Shehzaib) were recently selected to attend an Art course at the Nottingham Trent University each Saturday until July. They take part in practical workshops with other students from Schools in the City, developing important artistic skills.
One of the recent highlights of the course was a visit to the prestigious Saint Martins School of Art in London where they had the great privilege of their own work displayed. They also took part in workshops and shared ideas with other students from all around the UK.
During the afternoon the students had the opportunity to visit the Whitechapel Gallery where they viewed an exhibition of animations, portraits and books illustrated by South African artist William Kentridge.
More News Stories
- Year10 Make Clay Hats for their project based on Alice's Adventure In Wonderland
10X & 10W Made Ceramic Hats inspired by the story of Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll (23/03/2017)
- Year 9 design & make Pop Art Inspired clay tile in the style of Jasper Johns
Students learn ceramic techniques for their Pop Art project (20/02/2017)
- Year 11 Art & Design and Photography students receive Externally set task
Students studying Art & Design and Photography have been handed their Unit 2 Externally set task. (19/01/2017)
- Year 8 Art students work with Nottingham Contemporary Gallery
Two Year 8 classes participate in a Schools project in partnership with NCG (01/12/2016)
- Year 11 Art Students visit Central Saint Martins - London
Year 11 students, Aneeka, Betty, Ramirez & Shehzaib were recently selected to attend an Art course (25/11/2016)