Year 9 design & make Pop Art Inspired clay tile in the style of Jasper Johns
As part of the current project for year 9 students this term, 9Y designed and made their own clay tile inspired by Pop Artist Jasper Johns.
They have learnt slab making techniques and impress detail with letters and numbers in the style of the artist. Once the tiles are fired the students will learn how to apply glazes in Pop Art colours to give an authentic finish to their tiles.
More News Stories
- Year 11 Art & Design complete Unit 2 with 10 hour Exam
After weeks of preparation students complete their Final Response. (28/04/2017)
- Year10 Make Clay Hats for their project based on Alice's Adventure In Wonderland
10X & 10W Made Ceramic Hats inspired by the story of Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll (23/03/2017)
- Year 9 design & make Pop Art Inspired clay tile in the style of Jasper Johns
Students learn ceramic techniques for their Pop Art project (20/02/2017)
- Year 11 Art & Design and Photography students receive Externally set task
Students studying Art & Design and Photography have been handed their Unit 2 Externally set task. (19/01/2017)
- Year 8 Art students work with Nottingham Contemporary Gallery
Two Year 8 classes participate in a Schools project in partnership with NCG (01/12/2016)
- Year 11 Art Students visit Central Saint Martins - London
Year 11 students, Aneeka, Betty, Ramirez & Shehzaib were recently selected to attend an Art course (25/11/2016)