Hello and welcome to the Year 9 home page. Here you will find important information, current news and upcoming events for Year 9.
Head of Year
- Mr A Campbell
Student Welfare Officer
- Ms M Hall
Senior Leadership Link
- Ms L McDonagh
- Tu1: Mrs Collishaw & Ms J Halcarz
- Tu2: Mr Johnson & Mr Simpson
- Tu3: Mrs Osbourne & Ms Wenda
- Tu4: Ms Lee & Mrs Bornes
- Tu5: Ms Mohamedali & Ms Yates
The achievement team is made up of the head of year, the link senior leader, a lead tutor and is supported by form tutors and subject staff. The team leads the monitoring of achievement within the year group, meets with students about their performance and actions set/group changes based upon the reports collected from subject teachers.
In year 9 this team is lead by:
- Mr Campbell (Head of Year)
- Ms McDonagh (Senior Leader)
- Mrs N Hussain (Lead Tutor)
The Year ahead
In Year 9 students start their KS4 GCSE courses and therefore it is vitally important they make a positive start to these 3 year courses. The main aim is for students to achieve their potential and to do this, they must understand that they must demonstrate excellent behaviour in class and around the Academy building while completing class and homework to the best of their ability. Students must also aim to attend at least 95% so that lost learning time is minimised. Students are awarded weekly for their attendance and behaviour.
Students are actively encouraged to engage in the various opportunities open to them outside of the classroom. These opportunities include football, rugby, cricket, netball, athletics training for recreational purposes plus fixtures against other schools. There is an extensive PSHE programme that is delivered to students daily and is aimed at developing the individual in to a valuable member of their community.
- 28/2/17 Data entry for year 9 and year 8 reports
- 28/3/17 Data entry for year 9 reports
- 3/4/17 - 14/4/17 Easter holidays
- 17/4/17 Easter Monday
- 18/4/17 Proposed Year 9 Geography trip
- 1/5/17 Bank Holiday
- 2/5/17 Year 9 torch assessments
- 3/5/17 Year 9 torch assessments
Year 9 News
- No News Stories