What will you experience today?
Welcome to the Humanities Department where every student is encouraged to learn about the world around them through geography, history, and religious studies.
Our vision is to inspire students to be curious about the past, evaluate the present and consider their impact on the future.
Our aim for history is to promote intrigue that ignites the students' interests to seek answers to the who, what, why, when, where and how.
A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots.
Year 7 and 8 - An introduction to the GCSE units
- Transition unit - Introduction to Britain: Health and the people 1000 to the present day
- Medieval medicine and the beginnings of change
- Norman England - Conquest and control
- Britain: Health and the people 1000 to the present day - Modern Medicine
- Germany - Life under the Kaiser 1890 - 1918
- Conflict and Tension - The Treaty of Versailles
- Germany - Life under the Weimar Republic
- Conflict and Tension - The League of Nations in the 1920s
Years 9, 10 and 11 (GCSE AQA)
|Year 9||Year 10||Year 11|
|Norman England||Britain: Health and the people
1000 to the present day
|Conflict and tension 1918 - 1939
Germany 1890 - 1945
Life in Nazi Germany
|Britain: Health and the
people 1000 to the
|Germany 1890 - 1945||Norman England
The Historic Environment
|Conflict and tension 1918 - 1939||Revision|
- Paper 1 - Understanding the modern world (1 hour 45 mins / 88 marks)
Germany 1890 - 1945 (6 questions) and Conflict and tension 1918 - 1939 (4 questions)
- Paper 2 - Shaping the nation (1 hour 45 mins / 88 marks)
Britain: Health and the people C1000 to the present day (4 questions) and Norman England c1066 - c1100 (4 questions)
Watch this space - exciting times ahead for Humanities!