Djanogly City Academy Sixth Form Transition Day
On Tuesday 28th June we held our Sixth Form taster day for scholars that will be joining us in our new Sixth Form Centre this September. The day was a great success and provided scholars with the opportunity to meet the rest of their year group and to ‘try out’ various lessons to get a feel for the subjects and the style of learning.
The day began with an introduction to the day from the Head of Sixth Form, Mr J Irons, after which the scholars attended 1-hour lessons in each of their chosen subjects. Just before lunch, our guest speaker, Alex Milton, spoke to the scholars about his journey through our Sixth Form and University, and about the career steps he has taken - including his time at Leicester City Football club as a sports analyst.
In the afternoon, scholars were told about the innovative teaching techniques that will shape their journey to academic excellence and the day finished with an introduction to our high quality ‘Wider Curriculum’ programmes, including:
- The ‘Journey to University’ programme
- The ‘Journey to Apprenticeships’ programme
- Our Sixth Form and subject trips including our Year 12 trip to Oxford University
- The UCAS application programme
- The Cultural Capital programme
- The Masterclass programme and our partnership with InvestIN
- The Exam Preparation programme (focussing on the 3 A’s of Assess, Apply, Action)
- The Careers programme including our mock interview event and employer links
- The Work Experience programme
- The Enrichment programme
- Our charity support and the opportunity to take part in the Sixth Form ‘Sky Dive’
Zulkarnan, who attended the taster day, said “It was really helpful and I had a great experience in the lessons I went to. I also tried subjects I was unsure about and enjoyed those too. At the end of the day, I got to know a lot more about the opportunities in Sixth Form next year and I am now really looking forward to starting in September”
If you are interested in joining our Sixth Form, applications are still open - please email email@example.com.